WE are creating a new website about Seven Dials and if any of your readers have old family pictures or information about interesting people who either lived or worked there, we would be very please
AS a long-term resident of Westminster, in Church Street ward, it took me nearly five years to downsize from three- to two-bedroom accommodation and move to Kensington and Chelsea.
WESTMINSTER City Council is planning to make a further £14million cuts to services and jobs and will be introducing new and increased charges next year, according to latest cabinet report.
• AS a long-time resident of St John’s Wood, I cannot thank Westminster City Council enough for taking this step (Streets get Christmas lights after years of gloom, November 27).
Forum - Opinion in the West End Extra -
• I READ with dismay about new planning ideas for Archway (Ssssh! We’re spending another £200k trying to ‘fix’ Archway, November 27).
• THE support I have received from social services following my discharge from hospital after a serious operation has been exemplary.
• IT is ingenious to refer to the development at Arundel Square, Holloway, as “completing the square” (Film-makers in battle to keep newcomers out of parking spots, November 27).
• PERHAPS someone should remind Labour politician John Prescott that his party have been in power for 12 years (‘Mean!’ Prescott in school meals attack, December 4).
• THE announcement of the possible closure of the A and E department at the Whittington and the rush of politicians proclaiming their opposition to the closure reminds me of the late 1990s whe
• ANDREW Myer claims a “ringing endorsement” for the 20mph speed limit (Streets we must tame, December 4).
• IT has come to my attention from a recent council report that there is a recommendation to cut the number of community centres in the area from 57 to 48.
• I HAVE just learned that at 8am on Wednesday physio beds were being removed from Finsbury Health Centre by the back door, while the physio who was working there one day a week has not been s
• YOU write that “improved lighting could upset the bats who thrive around the towpath” (Bats block towpath lighting after robberies, December 4).